Smart home security
Securing smart homes with easily-integrated security solutions
The smart home has evolved from a future concept to an everyday reality. Today, the smart home includes:
- Smart home appliances, such as room air conditioning systems, washing machines, dish washers, vacuum cleaners and fridges
- Smart home monitoring, such as door locks, smoke sensors, wireless security cameras, motion and contact sensors
- Smart residential lighting, such as RF-enabled LED lamps, RF-enabled lamps, luminaire controllers, connected switches and key pads
- Smart home gateways
- Entertainment products
On the one hand, the smart home’s appeal is obvious. It makes life easier, and can help save money and energy. In addition, it enables new business models, new services and new features.
On the other, unprotected smart home devices are a very attractive target for attackers who could break into home networks, steal and misuse sensitive personal data and even gain unauthorized access to smart homes. Moreover, connected smart home devices can be misused for larger scale attacks, such as DDOS attacks, that can take down entire server networks.
Protecting consumers from attacks and companies from tarnished reputations require proven hardware-based security for optimum protection. Hardware-based security provides a secured foundation for a rich feature set and offers strong tamperproof system protection. Furthermore, software that runs on secured hardware is protected from being read, copied and cloned as well as from being analyzed, decoded and sabotaged.
As the only non-Chinese company, Infineon is a co-founder of the Open Laboratory for Smart Home Interconnection Security, located in Beijing. The aim of this partnership is to develop standards to better protect connected home appliances and devices within the Internet of Things.
In addition to gaining an innovative partner, when you source smart home security from Infineon you also benefit from our ISPN partner network, helping reduce implementation effort and decreasing time-to-market.
There are various reasons why you should trust Infineon security solutions for your smart home projects, such as:
- Security architecture expertise. Take advantage of our extensive know-how of complex security architecture for the entire smart home – from the node to the cloud.
- Scalable, flexible security solutions. Our products adapt to any requirement of your smart home application.
- Simple integration. Enjoy maximum security with minimum effort thanks to our OPTIGA? solutions, with extensive technical support to reduce your time-to-market.
Infineon is the recipient of “IT Security Made in Germany” seal